yeah, i know its a lame title but, i couldn't think of anything! ha!
a couple of days ago i wrote about
wanting to read more in 2011.
i love to read and i really should make more time for it.
i find when i have book that keeps me interested i watch less t.v. =)
a blog friend, BlueEyedBride, posted about her reading list last year and a couple of the books
caught my eye.
1. James Patterson's Swimsuit
2. Kristin Hannah's Firefly Lane
Saturday night I started Swimsuit and i'm already hooked and already a third of the way through it!! It is so good. It's different than any thing i've ever read.
it's suspenseful and i love it.
my goals for 2011 are to read 2 books a month.
to me this seems very attainable.
one of my favorite things is curling up on the couch or in my favorite chair with a cup of coffee and reading a book.
another thing id like to achieve in 2011 is to lose about 15 lbs.
some may say i don't need to lose that much...
some might say i do. ha.
i definitely I DO!!!
i love to run.
love. it.
it is a great stress reliever.
but, for some reason i'm not dropping the weight.
very frustrating.
i eat a pretty clean diet.
maybe i'm eating too many carbs at night, who knows?
if you have any tips, advice, etc. i'm all ears.
in other news, elijah started back to school today.
i'm gonna miss him during the day but, i'm glad to be back in a routine =)
he was excited to go after some coercing and comforting.
i think he was more thrilled that he got to wear his new backpack.
i got it for a steal on PB Kids!!!
i was going to go to the gym this a.m. but, john daniel has a cough that just won't quit!!!
so, i'm gonna hit up hobby lobby to look for some great deals!!!




8 comments:
Ooh. The Firefly one looks good :)
I'm reading Firefly Lane and its great! I love JP and his murder mysteries! Swimsuit is next for me!
I went to our hobby lobby last night and it was picked over. Good luck!!! =)
Best thing for weight loss: lift heavy weights. Women will NOT bulk up as they lack the amount of testosterone needed for that. Instead, you'll look good and defined. You may not lose weight, because muscle weighs more than fat, but it will look like you have lost weight.
i read Firefly Lane during the holidays and bawled my eyes out but LOVED it.
I love reading and have been trying to get back into it more! Good luck with your goal! You have a good start!
Those books look good!! I haven't even set goals yet. I think I am already behind for 2011! Ha!
My hubs always tells me that in order to lose weight I need to run "HIT" high intensity training. So run fast for 2-3 minutes, the walk for a minute, then repeat the process for a good 20-30 minutes. For me...I would just keep running until I reach my 3-4 miles. He tells me that will do me no good though if I am not increasing and decreasing my heart rate.
Maybe this year I will listen to him. I could stand to lose about 15 lbs as well! :)
Hard to lose weight with just running ... you need more fluctuation in your cardio, like run and then do sprints every 2-3 minutes ... have you heard of HIIT training? Google it ... I promise it will help! :) Now if I can just practice what I preach! LOL
Post a Comment