Thursday, October 15, 2009

it's a hairy situation

i am super-duper excited because this afternoon i am getting my hair done.
by 'done' i mean...

{brought back from the grave}

in all seriousness my hair has gone without special treatment for a couple of months now.

do you know what this does to a girl?

hair is a BIG part of how we feel about ourselves, right?

now, don't get me wrong, i am not all about my looks -- but, when you feel good about the way you look it makes a difference!!

am i mistaken on this?
{i think not}

i would love to show you all my 'roots' but, don't want to hurt anyones eyes.

so, here is how my 'roots' may or may not look like....


or at least this is how i THINK they look.

my husband doesn't understand how disturbed i get over this gray hair.
he doesn't understand why i spend $$$ to get my hair done when i can go 'a la natural' or buy OTC hair product.

{AGHHHH}

i told him he should thank me for spending the $$$ to get my hair done or it would be a frightening image. also, my eyebrows are getting manicured as well...i'm slightly embarrassed at how {out of control} they are.

i'm nervous about getting my hair done because i'm going to a new place with a new girl for the first time in years.

i'm told change is good. i'll let you know later.

am i the only one who pays good money to get their hair done?!?!?

{i seriously doubt it}

maybe, i'll take a picture of the AFTER if i like it enough.
however, i don't ever like my hair (initially)...i always have to warm up to it.

i'm crossing my fingers for an amazing stylists :o)

until then...




7 comments:

Trish said...

I can't wait to see the "new you". I think 99% of women feel the same way about their hair...I now I do.

My gray...oh Lord...did I just say that dirty word???? Or should I say if I did have gray, which I'm not saying I did or didn't, but if I did....well I took care of it this past weekend! And I must say I am soooo proud of myself cause I colored it myself!!!! And it only cost me $9.99 and about 25 minutes! You should really try it yourself and see if you like it....I love mine and it leaves a little money in pocket for shopping too :O)

Oh, I use Loreal Feria from Walgreens and it comes with an awesome weekly conditioner too.

JG said...

I know how you feel. I FINALLY have a good hair girl. But I just have her cut my hair. I'm not yet to the point where I can afford salon color - until then, it's all WalMart.

Samantha said...

I finally found someone that I actually like and go back to... but, now I have no money. So, we'll see what kind of shape my hair is in when I finally get back to see her! :(

Can't wait to see the new "do".

Natalie said...

I totally know what you mean and feel the same way...my hair has to be maintained or I feel absolutely disgusting! Lucky for me the few grey hairs that I have blend in with the blonde...maybe you should go platinum??? Just a thought :)

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I hope the new girl is good! I can't do over the counter hair products! I had a bad experience once. Ek!

Stephanie said...

There are very few things in life that a gal should fork over big money for and hair is one of those few things! It is wonderful to get a cut and color/highlight at the same time, but if you are strapped for cash you could always alternate appointments with just a cut one appointment and then just color the next. I say go for it!!! I'm overdue as well! Yikes!

Miss Jody said...

Well? Pics?
I wanna see!!!!
My hubby says I work hard for my (our) $$ and wants me to spend $$ on myself. I love him soooo much.... he wants me to remeber why I work so hard. Not for our bills only- but because there are things you want in life. You live only once...make it a grayless one!! LOL!!

Followers

Blog Archives

Designed by:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved