Thursday, October 8, 2009

weather and getting 'hit on' and other randomness

well, here in kansas today it is cold and rainy. boo!!! which means no playing outside for the boys today. :( so, mommy will have to get creative with our indoor activities. this afternoon however, they will go to play school and mommy & daddy are going to the gym to workout!! yay!!


ok, so, last night we went to TAR-JAY one of my favorite places!! i turned down an aisle in the bedding section and this nice lady stops me and says...you are just beautiful, you're eyes are gorgeous, my husband noticed you too and we didn't want to say anything b/c you were with your husband and kids. i'm thinking um...ok, this is weird. then she says, have you ever done a color panel? to which i answer...no?!?!?! long story short...she says sales mary kay and wants me to be her 'EYE' model for a show!! when i was explaining all of this to jim he says....do you get paid for being an eye model??? ha ha!! i'm supposed to get a call from her today for more information. having said all of that...she was a very nice lady and i look forward to getting to know her. i mean, i am new to the area -- i need some friends :o)
i'll let you all know what comes of it!
i might have a new career as an eye model. ha!



for a while now i've been wanting to buy the dvd's for THE OFFICE & last night at tar-jay we bought the first season. i'm so excited!! i LOVE-LOVE to laugh and have heard great things about this show. we watched the first episode last night and laughed a lot. did i mention how much i love to laugh?!?! laughing is good for the soul!! i'm already looking forward to episode 2!!! woo-hoo!!!! :o)


another fun fact for the day is that i am getting some candles that i ordered from a girl i met at PWOC (protestant women of the chapel), a bible study here on post. i spent way too much money on about 5 candles -- but, i LOVE candles!! if you are interested in some great smelling candles with cool to the touch wax and a candle that makes the whole house smell good....let me know!!! they smell so-so good!!


oh, BTW, the forecast for sunday is SNOW SHOWERS!!!
it's october!
in GA they are still experiencing some 90 degree weather.
i'm bracing myself for a bitterly-cold winter here!!!
at least i have my hubby to snuggle up to ;)


i wish i was in ANTIGUA -- which is where i will be in May for my cousins wedding! woo-hoo!!!

what's the weather like where you are?

6 comments:

The Royal Family said...

I love Target too! Cute blog. It's rainy and COLD here in Southern utah... I am ready to see the sun again

thanks for visiting my blog on my special sits day, I hope you had time to enter my giveaways,,
see you soon,
The Buzz, Brandy

BSS said...

I love Target AND The Office, my husband has me so addicted to it. I don't think you'll be disappointed at all :)

JG said...

Weather in OK: overcast, cool, drizzly - has been all week, following previous dry 80+ degree weather last week. Crazy! Antigua looks WONDERFUL right now! :)

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I can't believe you're already going to get snow! That's crazy! And I love target!

Samantha said...

I LOVE the cold, the rain and the snow! Speaking of snow, it's really TRYING hard here to snow. It flurried a little bit ago. I can check with my sis, they were at Riley for 6 years but I can tell you the cold and yuckiness is normal for this time of year in Co. 99.9% of the time it snows on Halloween here, but it's usually 50-60's on Christmas... what's up with that? ;)

Darlin' you aren't in GA anymore...! tee hee. Welcome to the West. ;) Welcome to Winter nights and cuddles.. I think you will manage with those 3 boys of yourS! ;) WOOHOO

PS: Target rocks.

Trish said...

I love candles too! It's nice to know that someone else shares my fettish!!!!

Enjoy yours! Amell one for me!!!

Followers

Blog Archives

Designed by:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved